Bhagavad Gita Meaning
Bhagavad Gita means holy song. It is the most sacred scripture of Hindus. It is a book that has around 700 versus. It is written in a framework of conversation between Krishna and Arjuna. Krishna is considered as a God In Hindu Mythology who was also a contemporary of Pandava Prince Arjuna.
Bhagavad Gita Significance
Bhagavad Gita is considered as one of the greatest religious scriptures. It is a priceless contribution of Indians to the world. It is a book that has universal knowledge. Each and every verse in Bhagavad Gita is beautiful, both in literary and philosophical aspect.
Immense influence on Humanity
There are many great personalities who are Influenced by Githa including Albert Einstein and Mahatma Gandhi. The base of Bhagavad Gita is on selfless actions. It is only through selfless actions that a purpose designed for universal goodness can be accomplished.
It was on the battlefield of Kurukshetra, Krishna revealed this great knowledge to perplexed Arjuna. Bhagavad-gita is not just a religious scripture and it cannot be limited to the geographical and cultural boundaries of India or Hinduism. It is timeless and its meaning meets the notions of the modern world. The verses in Bhagavad Gita were conceived and evolved by intellect minds who were great visionaries and can foresee the changing times.
Mahabharata at a Glance
The background of Bhagavad Gita goes like this, the Pandavas and Kauravas met at Kurukshetra, on the question of injustice shown by Kauravas to Pandavas on the matter of inheritance and also mainly because of the worst treatment Draupadi, the wife of Pandava princes met at the hands of Kauravas. This made Pandavas fight for their rights. At the same time before ending up in battle , Pandavas tried to make negotiations with Kauravas. But Kauravas were not ready to make any consideration. So both sides had decided to start the battle. Krishna offered his help to both Pandavas and Kauravas, Kauravas chose to make use of Krishna’s military strength at the same time Pandavas sought the help of Krishna. When Pandavas choose Krishna they chose success. Krishna offered to become the charioteer of Arjuna. Krishna stood with Arjuna throughout the war giving him timely advice and help. Mahabharata war was fought for the reinstallation of truth and justice over evil. When Pandavas won it was the triumph of truth.
Bhagavad Gita is unique in many ways. It discusses various aspects of material and spiritual life. There are 18 chapters in Bhagavad Gita and the number 18 has very much significance . There are 18 sections in Mahabharatha. Mahabharata war took place for 18 days and so on. In fact number 18 is known as Krishna's number. Numerology plays an important role in understanding the Vedas.
Three simple reasons why one should read Bhagavad Gita?
• It is a timeless book. The verses are even relevant in these days.
• It is a guide to understand our inner self
• It deals with a varied range of subjects from soul to duties, which helps in living a meaningful life.
To experience a new way of reading Bhagavad-Gita and to own Nightingale’s signature edition visit devotionalstore
Nightingale Signature edition Bhagavad Gita
Signature edition from Nightingale comes with an antique style reading stand and a premium inimitable box case foiled and adorned with crystals. A stand which can be folded according to our convenience is also provided along with this signature edition. The antique styled box case comes in 2 colours wood grain and crimson red. A metal bookmarker is given a beautiful peacock feather design with a golden colour tassel on one end.
Nightingale has come up with the prestigious Bhagavad Gita edition under their sale brand ‘vedic cosmos’. The book is regarded as the ultimate spiritual authority to mankind which guides the people from all walks of life towards the path of perfection. Avail the spiritual knowledge revealed by Veda Vyasa and scripted by Lord Ganesha now in the signature form from the house of Nightingale.
Bhagavad Gita Features
• Made of world’s most precious eco-friendly materials
• Made to last for many years which is printed on FSC certified and acid free paper.
• Environment friendly vegetable inks made of natural ingredients is used for printing
• comes in a most exclusive antique book styled box with artistic foiling and embossing
• The golden gilded fore-edges of this premium edition embellish its jewel adorned cover
• A special wooden reading stand designed and crafted with exquisite craftsmanship is truly a masterpiece which makes reading a new experience.
• The stand can be folded and rotated to suit one’s reading comfort and it rests on smoothly carved metal legs
• translations of slokas in english and Hindi
• More than 150 Paintings by renowned artist Sri. G.L.N. Simha .
• Paintings are done as per Chitra Sutra of Vishnudharmottara
• Purana which dwells on guidelines for divine paintings
• A beautiful peacock feather shaped metal book marker design engraved on it with a